Indulge in a yummy dessert with this Maple Fudge Recipe. It’s sure to be a treat at any get-together.This recipe is excerpted from Farm Anatomy (Storey Publishing, 2011) by Julia Rothman.
Maple Fudge Recipe
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup light cream
2 tablespoons butter
1. Grease well an 8-inch-square pan. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until boiling.
2. Clip a candy thermometer to the side of the pan and continue cooking and stirring until the mixture reaches 238° F, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and cool without stirring until lukewarm (110° F), about 1 hour.
3. Remove the candy thermometer and beat the mixture with a wooden spoon until the color lightens, the mixture loses its gloss, and the Maple Fudge begins to set.
4. Quickly press into the prepared pan; score into squares while warm. When the Maple Fudge is firm cut into squares. Store tightly covered.
More farm life
Find more great content from Farm Anatomy in the following articles.
• Oatmeal Crisps Recipe
• Easy Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
• Making Candles
Excerpted from Farm Anatomy (c) by Julia Rothman, used with permission from Storey Publishing.