Barbecue Pork Chops Recipe
• 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon paprika
• 1 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 4 thick-cut pork chops*
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 1 cup barbecue sauce
1. In a bowl, combine olive oil, chicken broth, garlic, paprika, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, oregano and basil, and whisk to combine. Pour mixture in slow cooker.
2. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Add to slow cooker.
3. Cover and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours, basting occasionally with broth mixture.
4. After 4 to 6 hours, remove pork chops from the slow cooker, and discard broth mixture. Place pork chops back in slow cooker, and add barbecue sauce. Cover and cook on low for another 1 to 2 hours. Let pork chops rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
NOTE: If using boneless pork chops, cook time will be closer to 4 hours, while bone-in chops will require about 6 hours. Time may also vary depending on thickness. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness, which is 145 F for pork.
Want more quick ideas for mealtime? Check out 20 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes to find more editor-recommended recipes for every meal.