Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 cup salted butter, melted and cooled
• 1 cup packed light brown sugar
• 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
• 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
• 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 3 large eggs
• 3/4 cup yogurt, regular or Greek
• 1 1/4 cups milk
• 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
To make topping:
2. Whisk together sugar, flour and cinnamon; blend in butter. Set topping aside.
To make filling:
3. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; set filling aside.
To make cake:
4. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, salt, sugars, baking powder and vanilla until combined and smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. In another bowl, whisk together yogurt and milk. Add flour in increments, and mix until combined. Add to butter mixture; stir until combined.
To put it all together:
6. Pour half the batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly and pressing into corners. Sprinkle filling over batter. Carefully spread remaining batter over filling. Using a butter knife, gently swirl mixture to make a few marbles. Do not completely swirl the batter and filling. Sprinkle topping over the top.
7. Bake for about 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Another way to tell when the cake is done is the top will be golden without any light spots.
8. Allow cake to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting and serving.
Looking for more out-of-the-ordinary Christmas recipes? Try some of our other Non-Traditional Holiday Recipes.