Country Fried Steak
Spicy Seasoning Mix:
• 3 tablespoons chili powder
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
• 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
Country Fried Steak:
• 2 egg whites
• 2 tablespoons milk
• 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
• 1 tablespoon cornmeal
• 1/2 teaspoon Spicy Seasoning Mix
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 4 beef bottom round cubed steaks, 4 ounces each
• 2 tablespoons peanut oil
• 1/2 cup salsa
• 1/2 cup sour cream
To make seasoning mix:
1. Combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano leaves and red pepper; mix well. Cover and store in an airtight container. Shake before each use.
To make steak:
2. In a medium bowl, beat egg whites and milk until blended.
3. In a shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs with cornmeal, spicy seasoning mix, salt and pepper; mix well.
4. Dip steaks in egg white mixture, then in crumb mixture, coating well.
5. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium to medium-high heat until hot. Add steaks, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, turning once.
To put it all together:
6. Serve steaks on individual plates with salsa and sour cream to the side.
We have plenty more Mexican dish recipes. Check out Easy Mexican Recipes Spice Up Dinner Menus.