Baked Chile Cheese Spread
• 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
• 2 large eggs
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 2 cans (4 ounces each) diced green chiles
• 1 cup sliced green onions, divided
• 1 pint salsa, divided
• 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
• Tortilla chips, assorted crackers and/or sliced baguette
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Heavily grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine cornmeal and chili powder. Sprinkle over sides and bottom of prepared pan.
3. In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese, eggs, garlic powder and cumin. Stir in chiles and 1/2 cup green onions.
4. Spoon half of the cream cheese mixture into the pan. Cover with 1 cup salsa and 1-1/2 cups cheddar. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture, spreading evenly.
5. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until edges are set but center still moves slightly. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve as a spread with chips, crackers and/or bread.
We have plenty more Mexican dish recipes. Check out Easy Mexican Recipes Spice Up Dinner Menus.