Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
• 2 cups grated zucchini
• 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
• 4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup cocoa powder
• 1-1/2 cups sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1-1/2 cups coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
• 3 eggs
• 1-1/2 cups milk
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Place zucchini in a colander in the sink. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon salt over the top, and toss to coat. Let strain for 30 minutes.
2. Rinse zucchini well, and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter 2 standard-size loaf pans; set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, remaining salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk to combine.
5. In a separate bowl, combine zucchini, coconut oil, eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well. Add to flour mixture, and mix just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until bread tests done.
7. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove bread from pans and cool completely.
Want more homemade bread recipes from the Capper’s Farmer editors? Read Homemade Quick Bread Recipes.