When you grow in the neighborhood of 200 pounds of pumpkin and winter squash every year, you eat a lot of pumpkin bread and pumpkin pie. Plain pumpkin pie can get boring, so I am always looking for a new way to make it. This recipe was an instant favorite!
This pumpkin pie is not baked, so for the purists out there, don't make this for your Thanksgiving feast. But if you want something super-quick that won't take up any space in your oven for the holiday, you are all set!
Ingredients note: This does use a pre-made graham cracker crust, but you could make your own if you prefer.
Lickety-Split Refrigerator Pumpkin Pie
• 1 pre-made graham cracker crust
• 2-1/2 cups pumpkin puree (you can substitute one 15 oz. can, but if you do so then up the whipped topping to 8 ounces to fill the crust)
• 8 ounces cream cheese
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• 4 ounces whipped topping
1. Using your Kitchen Aid with the whisk attachment, (or a large bowl and whisk by hand) mix pumpkin puree, cream cheese, sugar, and spice. Whip until completely incorporated, about 2 minutes.
2. Add whipped topping, and whisk until blended.
3. Pour into pre-made crust. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, until firm.