Simple ingredients combine to create a sweet, tangy side of glazed carrots.
• 2 pounds carrots, cut into strips
• 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
• 6 tablespoons butter
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
• 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
1. In a saucepan, cook carrots in boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, combine brown sugar, butter, salt, orange peel and pineapple. With a potato masher, mash the mixture to crush the pineapple into even smaller bits. Heat mixture to boiling.
3. Add carrots, and cook and stir until carrots are glazed and heated through, about 5 minutes.
Don't over complicate the dishes at your Thanksgiving holiday this year. Use this and other recipes featured in our Thanksgiving Dinner Menu to simplify your main dish and sides.