Grilled Corn with Cilantro-Lime Butter
Other flavored butters to use on corn include garlic butter, spicy chili butter, lemon butter, or fresh herb butter using whatever herbs you’ve got growing in your garden.
• 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
• 1 bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped
• 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 8 ears corn on the cob
• Nonstick cooking spray
1. Mix together the butter, cilantro, lime juice and salt in a small bowl until thoroughly combined.
2. Form mixture into a log shape and roll in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for several hours, until firm.
3. Light the coals or preheat the gas grill to medium heat. Away from the fire, lightly but thoroughly spray the grill grate with cooking spray.
4. Shuck the corn and trim the ends. Soak the ears in a pot of cold, salted water for 10 minutes.
5. Place ears of corn on the grill. Grill for 10 minutes, turning every 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from grill and top each ear with a slice of the butter.
Interested in more on grilling? Check out Recipes for Cooking With Fire.