Grilled T-Bone Steak Recipe
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
• 3 cloves garlic, divided
• 2 T-bone steaks, 1-1/2 inches thick
• 3 tablespoons butter, melted
• Grated lemon zest
1. In a small bowl, combine olive oil with 1 tablespoon thyme, rosemary and 2 cloves garlic, which have been finely chopped.
2. Generously rub herbed oil mixture over both sides of steaks. Place steaks in a deep baking dish. Pour remaining herbed oil over the top. Cover the dish loosely with foil, and refrigerate for 3 to 5 hours.
3. About 20 minutes before you’re ready to cook the steaks, preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
4. In a small bowl, combine butter with remaining thyme, remaining garlic, which has been crushed, and a little grated lemon zest. Refrigerate until needed.
5. When grill is hot, place steaks over indirect heat. Cover and cook until meat reaches 5 degrees below desired doneness, turning once. Move steaks directly over heat, and cook 1 to 2 minutes more, turning every 30 seconds, until steaks are nicely seared.
6. Remove steaks from grill, and place on a baking sheet. Generously spoon butter mixture over steaks, and allow them to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.Find more recipes for Grilling with Fresh Herbs.