Hungarian Goulash Recipe
• 1 tablespoon cooking oil
• 1 pound beef sirloin, cubed
• 2 medium onions, sliced or minced
• 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
• 1-1⁄4 teaspoons paprika
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
• 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 3⁄4 teaspoon cider vinegar
• 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons ketchup
• 1-1⁄2 cups water, divided
• 3 tablespoons flour
• 6 ounces egg noodles, uncooked
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add beef and onions, and cook until browned; drain off fat. Transfer to a slow cooker.
2. In a small bowl, combine mustard, paprika, brown sugar, salt, Worcestershire sauce, cider vinegar and ketchup. Add to slow cooker with 1 cup water, and stir to combine.
3. Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours.
4. After allotted cooking time, blend flour with remaining water in a small bowl, and stir into slow cooker until mixture thickens. Continue cooking, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain well.
6. Place noodles in individual serving bowls, and top with beef mixture.
Want more quick ideas for mealtime? Check out 20 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes to find more editor-recommended recipes for every meal.