Slow-Cooker Pork Chili Recipe
• 2 tablespoons cooking oil
• 1-1⁄2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into bite-size pieces
• Sea salt and white pepper, to taste
• 1 bunch green onions, chopped, including green parts
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped, optional
• 2 jalapeno or Serrano peppers, seeded and finely diced
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 1 tablespoon cumin
• 1 to 2 teaspoons cayenne, or to taste
• 1-1⁄2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro, optional
• 1-1⁄2 pints crushed tomatoes, or 1-1⁄2 cans (15 ounces each), undrained
• 1⁄4 cup honey
• 1⁄4 cup prepared coffee
• 1⁄4 cup sparkling grape juice
• 2 cans (15 ounces each) kidney or black beans, rinsed and drained
1. Heat oil in a large stockpot over high heat until hot, 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Place pork in a bowl, and sprinkle with sea salt and white pepper; toss to season. Add to stockpot, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Put pork in a slow cooker. Add green onions, garlic and red peppers, if desired. Stir in hot peppers, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, cayenne and cilantro, if using. Add tomatoes, honey, coffee, grape juice and beans, and stir to combine.
4. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Want more quick ideas for mealtime? Check out 20 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes to find more editor-recommended recipes for every meal.