The holidays are here, and I want to share my pecan pie recipe with you. It has become a favorite at our house, and sometimes it is even requested to replace a birthday cake. I originally found the recipe in a church cookbook, so I don't have a clue where it originated. It isn't a fancy pie, and is very easy to make. The big question is whether you can afford the pecans! I hope it becomes a favorite at your house, too.
• 5 eggs
• 1 cup sugar
• 1-1/2 cups dark corn syrup
• 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
• 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
• 6 tablespoons melted butter
• pecan halves for top (optional)
1. Beat eggs and sugar together.
2. Add syrup, salt, vanilla, chopped pecans, melted butter, and mix. Pour into unbaked pie shell.
3. Top with pecan halves around outer edge. Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
I forgot to take a photo of the whole pie, but here is one of the last piece!