• 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
• 1/2 pint (1 cup) salsa
• 1/4 cup sour cream
• 1-1/2 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
• 1/4 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground meat until it starts browning slightly. Add onion and taco seasoning mix. Cover and continue cooking for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the meat is no longer pink and the onions are translucent, stirring occasionally. Stir in salsa and sour cream.
3. Spoon half of the meat mixture into a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish. Top with tortilla chips, then remaining meat mixture.
4. Bake, covered, for 15 minutes, or until hot. Uncover, and sprinkle cheese over the top. Return to the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
We have plenty more Mexican dish recipes. Check out Easy Mexican Recipes Spice Up Dinner Menus.