DIY Decoupaged Table
InFrench Vintage Decor: Easy and Elegant DIY Projects for Any Home, Jamie Lundstrom makes giving your makes bringing the rustic and elegant look of French décor to your home effortless. Add French vintage style to your home with 70 easy projects that span every season and category, from sewing to painting and upholstery. The following excerpt is from Chapter 4, “Fanciful French Furniture.”
Decoupage and wallpaper are both iconic to French design. By decoupaging wallpaper to the top of this table, it matches my daughter’s room perfectly and adds a feminine French touch to the white piece of furniture.
- Measuring tape
- Scissors or cutting mat and rotary blade
- Piece of furniture with flat top
- Decoupage glue (I recommend Mod Podge matte finish)
- Sponge brush
- Measure out and cut the exact size of wallpaper you will need for your table.
- Brush the decoupage glue onto the back of the wallpaper and the area on the table where the wallpaper is going to be applied. Lay the wallpaper in place and let dry for approximately 15 minutes. This will ensure the wallpaper doesn’t wrinkle for the next step.
- Apply the decoupage glue to the top of the wallpaper in even strokes.
- Let dry for 1 to 2 hours.
More from French Vintage Décor:
How to Sew a Slot Seam
Once learned, this surprisingly simple sewing technique will allow you to add a pop of color to handmade garments and bags.
Embroidered Peacock Feathers
Learn how one crafter embroidered delicate peacock feathers onto linen to create an elegant shade for a tricky window.
Do-It-Yourself Pour Paintings
Learn how to create your own abstract paintings with these quick and easy steps on a do it yourself pour painting tutorial.