Are you ready to learn how to start scrapbooking, but aren't sure where to start? Well, you're in the right place - here is a quick-start guide on how to start scrapbooking.
Are you ready to learn how to start scrapbooking, but aren't sure where to start? Well, you're in the right place – here is a quick-start guide on how to start scrapbooking.
Scrapbooking is a popular method of preserving and presenting your photos and memoirs. It's a great hobby that anyone can enjoy.
In order to start scrapbooking, there are six items you must have. Here are the required items:
1. Photos or memorabilia: Scrapbooking starts with your photos and memoirs. Choose photos or memoirs that are meaningful to you and your family.
2. An acid-free, lignin-free album: There are a LOT of album choices. To keep your photos safe over time, you must have a good album with acid-free, lignin-free pages.
3. Page protectors: These are required to protect the finished pages in your album. Fingerprints and food are NOT good for photos.
4. Photo-safe adhesive: You must find a good photo-safe adhesive, look for one that you like to use.
5. Black pigma ink pen: Journaling is what adds life to scrapbooking pages. These pens are safe for journaling in scrapbooks.
6. Scissors: Sometimes you need to crop (or cut) photos to emphasize certain subjects. It's necessary to have a great pair of scissors to use when starting a scrapbook project.
Once you've completed your scrapbooking needs list, it's time to start scrapbooking.
The first step to start scrapbooking is to organize your photos and memoirs. You can organize your photos chronologically or by theme or by any method of your choice. It's your choice, it's your decision!
After you have your photos sorted, it's time to start planning your page. The simplest way to plan a page is to place your photos on the album page and move them around as desired until you find a layout that appeals to you. Once you've found a layout that you like, it's time to use your photo-safe adhesive and glue your photos on the album page.
Spend a few minutes writing about the photos (this is your journaling). When you've finished journaling and have the photos glued on, you are ready to slide on a page protector, and that's it! You just mastered how to start scrapbooking! Easy, wasn't it?
With the six scrapbooking must have items - photos, album, page protectors, photo-safe adhesive, black ink pen and scissors - you are prepared to start scrapbooking! Happy Scrapping!
Article from LadyPens.com.
About the author: Kim Monaco is a mommy who loves to craft. She's been scrapbooking for over 20 years, and absolutely loves the great scrapbooking choices available in the market today. She shares crafting tips and more at her website Learn Crafts Online. Happy Crafting!
Whether you want to learn how to grow and raise your own food, build your own root cellar, or create a green dream home, come out and learn everything you need to know — and then some!LEARN MORE