Help loved ones cook up the tastes of the season with this collection of cookware and kitchen appliances.
It seems like there’s always at least one person on our holiday list that we have trouble choosing a gift for. The following products would make great gifts for just about everyone, from the coffee lover to the home cook, and even the hunters in your life.
If you know anyone who drinks their fair share of coffee, or who entertains frequently, consider the Black+Decker 12-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker. The double-walled, vacuum-sealed stainless steel carafe holds 12 cups and retains hot temperatures for hours, which preserves fresh flavor. The carafe has a tight seal, and a wide-mouth opening makes for easy cleaning. It also features Quick Touch programming, so coffee is ready when desired.
Where to buy: Amazon
Comments from the Capper’s Farmer editors: Easy to clean. Quick Touch programming is convenient. Thermal carafe keeps coffee hot for many hours. Great coffee maker at a great price.
Any home cook who enjoys making salsa and homemade bread, and everything in between, will love the Black+Decker FP6010 Performance Dicing Food Processor, which comes with stainless steel slicing and shredding disks, a dicing disk, a chopping blade, and a dough blade. It features a powerful 800-watt motor, digital controls, a handy compact storage case, an extra-wide-mouth chute to accommodate all types of food, and two work bowls – a smaller 4-cup bowl and a large 11-cup bowl. In addition, all the removable parts can go in the dishwasher on the top rack, making it easy to clean.
From bread and cookies to salsa and salads, and even preparing vegetables for canning, this food processor makes short work of prep time.
Where to buy: Amazon
Comments from the Capper’s Farmer editors: Durable and easy to use. Wide-mouth chute is great. Extremely sharp blades. Storage case is fabulous and convenient. Has serious power. Easy to clean.
For the folks on your list who drink a lot of smoothies, the My Juicer will bring a big smile to their faces. This personal blender/smoothie maker is compact and durable, and comes with an extra 20-ounce bottle, which features a convenient carry handle for taking juice or smoothies on the go.
It features a powerful 300-watt motor and four stainless steel blades, which are engineered for quick and easy blending of frozen fruits and veggies to make desserts and mixed drinks in addition to smoothies and juices. It’s a perfect addition in the kitchen, and also works great for taking to birthday parties or other gatherings.
The My Juicer features high-quality stainless steel, a durable base with nonslip suction feet, a BPA-free plastic bottle with a removable lid and handle, a sharp blade, and an extra O ring gasket seal. It also features an electric 120 Volt AC, standard type A wall plug.
Comments from the Capper’s Farmer editors: Easy to use. Cleaning is a breeze. Very powerful. Second bottle comes in handy. Nice product for the price. Compact so storage is not an issue. Convenient appliance to take to parties and holiday gatherings.
For the cooks who want to throw a meal together, without a lot of fuss, a Nesco roaster or slow cooker would make a great gift. If any of those cooks are hunters, they’ll especially be impressed with the recently added Open Country lineup, featuring Woodland Birch camouflage. And speaking of those hunters, they would also get a lot of use out of a vacuum sealer and a food dehydrator.
Following is just a sampling of the products Nesco has to offer. Be sure to visit their website to see their full line of appliances.
• The Open Country 18-Quart Roaster can serve as a primary or second oven in the kitchen, or as a portable oven that can be taken to family gatherings. It’s ideal for cooking meals for a large family, as well as when entertaining a big group of folks. It’s large enough to cook roast, ham and whole chickens, and will roast a 22-pound turkey. This appliance is also a great vessel for baking cookies, cakes, pies, quiches and lasagna, and will hold an enormous batch of soup, stew or chili. Large amounts of tough cuts of meat can also be slow cooked in the roaster, which features an automatic temperature control to assure even cooking, and a chrome steel rack with handles for safe and easy insertion and removal of hot foods. The unique CIRCLE OF HEAT construction means foods are cooked from the side, not the bottom, for more moist cooking results – and it even comes with a recipe guide.
• The Open Country 8-Quart Slow Cooker features a power indicator light, three heat settings – high, low and auto – and stay-cool handles and knobs. It’s the perfect choice for preparing appetizers, sauces, dips, soups and stews, chili, casseroles, and even desserts. Plus, it’s portable, so it can easily be transported to any event. Another great feature is that the ceramic crock is removable, which makes cleaning it a breeze.
• The Vacuum Sealer removes air from the vacuum bags, locking in freshness and keeping out freezer burn. Vacuum sealing is the perfect way to protect and preserve foods, including cheese, vegetables, fish, wild game, and much more. The vacuum sealer allows cooks to make large batches of foods, and then separate them into vacuum bags, vacuum seal them, and freeze them for later use. It can also save money by allowing families to buy foods in bulk, and then vacuum seal them into smaller portions.
• The FD-77DT Digital Top Mounted Dehydrator features 600 watts of drying power, perfect for dehydrating fruits, veggies and herbs, and for making jerky. The drying system forces air down the exterior pressurized chamber, not through the trays, providing even heat. The hot air is forced horizontally across each tray for fast, even, nutritious drying, with no flavor mixing, and a top-mounted fan prevents liquids from dripping into the heat chamber – and there’s no need to rotate the trays. The dehydrator comes with four trays, but additional trays can be purchased separately to expand up to 12 trays – and drying automatically adjusts to the number of trays.
Where to buy: Nesco
Comments from the Capper’s Farmer editors: Beautiful camouflage pattern on the roaster and slow cooker, and they’re easily portable, simple to clean, and produce moist and flavorful foods – all at a great price. Vacuum sealer is fantastic – seals tight, and bags are easy to cut to size – and has saved money by buying in bulk, splitting into smaller portions, and freezing. Food dehydrator is powerful and easy to use, dries foods perfectly, and is easy to clean – and adding additional trays to the unit is easy and convenient. All of these products are high-quality, built to last and affordable – well worth the money.
This holiday season, why not give loved ones a personalized gift from Personal Creations? Perfect for the cooks and bakers on your list, these items are sure to please, and because they’re made to last, they can eventually become family heirlooms. The following are just a few great gift ideas, but be sure to check out the entire selection. We’re sure you’ll find something for everyone.
• The 2½-quart, 16½ -by-10-by-2½-inch Stoneware Casserole Dish features flared edges and stylish glazed colors – burgundy, cobalt blue and deep green. The dish can be personalized with any message – up to 25 characters on one line. It can be used in the oven and microwave, and it’s dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning.
• The 2½-quart, 12-by-10-by-6½-inch Round Casserole Dish is available in red, green or blue, and is safe for the dishwasher, microwave and oven. The lid can be personalized with a single initial or any two-line message, up to 18 characters per line.
• The 3½-quart, 14½ -by-10¼-by-6¼-inch Rectangle Casserole Dish goes from oven to tabletop with no fuss. The dish is dishwasher, microwave and oven safe, and is available in red, green and blue. The lid can be personalized with any single initial or any two-line message, up to 18 characters per line.
• The 9-inch Pie Baking Dish features a glazed finish and fluted edges, and comes in red, blue and green. The dish can be used in both the oven and microwave, and is dishwasher safe. It can be personalized with up to 22 characters on one line.
• The Insulated Casserole Carrier is the perfect way to transport the Stoneware Casserole Dish. The carrier features a polyester exterior with vinyl acetate lining, has a handle, and measures 17 inches wide by 11 inches long by 4 inches high. It can be personalized on two lines, up to 10 characters per line.
• The Perfect Pie Carrier is 3½ inches deep and 12 inches in diameter. It features a polyester exterior with vinyl acetate lining, has a carrying handle, and can be personalized on two lines, up to nine characters per line.
Where to buy: Personal Creations
Comments from the Capper’s Farmer editors: Etching and stitching on personalization is precise. Glazed colors are beautiful. Heavy-duty dishes, and high-quality carriers. Dishes bake foods evenly and are easy to clean. Carriers do a great job of keeping foods warm for traveling. Classy and elegant products.
If any of your loved ones frequently make breakfast as a family, the Waring WMK600 Double Belgian Waffle Maker will be a great addition to their kitchen. After all, what’s better than thick, delicious, golden-brown waffles on a cold weekend morning … or evening?
This 1400-watt machine bakes two thick waffles at the same time. It features 1-inch-deep round waffle plates and a rotating function to ensure even baking and browning on both sides. There’s no leaving things to chance with this waffle maker, because LED indicators and audio beep tones alert the cook when the machine is heated and ready to use, as well as when the waffles are cooked to perfection.
Comments from the Capper’s Farmer editors: Simple to use. The indicator lights and audio beeps are a brilliant addition. Makes perfect waffles every time. Easy to clean. Includes a cup for pouring the batter, so the amount is precise, and the batter doesn’t run out the sides. High-quality product at an affordable price.
With so many folks wanting to be more self-sufficient these days, Christmas is the ideal time to give the gift of appliances that will help loved ones do just that. From a burger press to make and freeze patties from farm-raised cattle or wild game, to a pasta machine that makes delicious noodles at a fraction of the cost of store-bought varieties, to a meat grinder and sausage stuffer, gifts from Weston are sure to please.
• The Manual Kitchen Kit is five appliances – a chopper, egg separator, juicer, paddle mixer, and slicer – all rolled into one lightweight, compact machine. This little appliance is ideal for purees, salsa, mixing cake batter, juicing lemons, shredding vegetables, grating cheese, and so much more. It is top-rack dishwasher safe, and the lid and container handles are removable for compact storage.
• The RealTree Outfitters Single Burger Press ensures perfect patties, at the thickness of each person’s individual preference. Constructed from heavy-duty aluminum, the burger press is 4½ inches in diameter and features a compacting/ejector button, which compacts the patty tightly before popping back up for quick patty removal. It also has a nonstick coating, and a feature that allows the user to adjust the patty thickness from ¼ inch to 1½ inches.
• The Traditional Style Pasta Machine makes it possible to have fresh, homemade pasta anytime. It features easy-turn rollers that can be adjusted to various thickness settings, and a C-clamp to attach it to the countertop. The machine is made of quality stainless steel, and includes the attachment for cutting fettuccine and spaghetti. Additional pasta-cutting attachments are sold separately.
• The #8 Heavy-Duty Electric Meat Grinder & Sausage Stuffer, with a 575-watt motor, and the RealTree Outfitters #8 Electric Meat Grinder & Sausage Stuffer, with a 650-watt motor, both feature forward and reverse operation, and a convenient storage compartment for the power cord. Both grinders include three stainless steel grinding plates (for fine, medium and coarse grinds), a grinding knife, a sausage stuffing funnel and stuffing spacer, a stomper to safely push meat into the grinder, and a large grinder tray. In addition, the RealTree Outfitters grinder also comes with a camouflage storage cover.
Additional attachments for the grinders can be purchased separately, and include a 5-piece pasta attachment, a juice attachment, and a shredder/slicer attachment. The pasta attachment allows the user to make bucatini, mezze penne, rigatoni, tortiglioni and fusilli. The shredder/slicer attachment includes a slicing blad and fine and coarse shredding blades. The juicer attachment makes it possible to juice everything from berries to apples to carrots.
Where to buy: Weston
Comments from the Capper’s Farmer editors: Sturdy and durable. Electric products have powerful motors. Appliances are easy to operate and clean. Built-to-last products constructed with high-quality materials. Affordable prices.
Need more gift ideas? The 2015 Capper’s Farmer Holiday Gift Guide has lots of great gifts for everyone on your list.
Whether you want to learn how to grow and raise your own food, build your own root cellar, or create a green dream home, come out and learn everything you need to know — and then some!LEARN MORE