Keep friends and family warm from top to bottom with this selection of outdoor apparel.
Force Rugged Flex Lakota Pants for women are a great gift option.
This time of year, it’s essential that folks don the right duds to keep warm while working and playing outside. Below are some fabulous shirts, jackets, boots, gloves and slippers that will make exceptional Christmas gifts.
Make sure loved ones are warm and comfortable this winter with Carhartt outerwear. Known and loved for the durability and comfort of their products, Carhartt is a name people have been trusting for many years – and with good reason.
• Force Rugged Flex Lakota Pants for women are made of 78 percent cotton and 22 percent polyester, feature FastDry Technology for quick wicking, Rugged Flex technology for ease of movement, and Stain Breaker technology to release stains. The pants sit slightly below the waist, with a relaxed seat and thigh, a straight leg opening, and a contoured waistband to prevent gapping in the back.
• The Force Rugged Flex Pocket Polo for men is made of 15 percent cotton and 78 percent polyester. This shirt features a relaxed fit underarm gusset for extra movement, FastDry technology that wicks away sweat, a no-roll collar, a tagless neck label, Rugged Flex technology for ease of movement, Stain Breaker technology to release stains, three buttons down the front, and smooth flatlock seams.
• The Cascade Jacket is a waterproof-breathable rain jacket for women. It has a detachable three-piece hood with hidden draw cord, a center-front two-way zipper with snap front storm placket, interior storm cuffs with thumbholes, articulated elbows, a left-chest map pocket with secure zipper closure, and an adjustable hem with draw cord and barrel-lock adjusters.
• The Shoreline Vapor Jacket is a waterproof-breathable rain jacket for men. It features a 100-percent nylon shell with waterproof-breathable membrane, a durable water-repellent finish, fully taped waterproof seams, an attached adjustable hood, a full-length front zipper with outer and inner storm flaps, a zippered chest pocket, and two lower-front pockets.
• 10-Inch Bison Brown Non-Safety Wellington boots for women are waterproof-breathable and made of leather. They feature a non-safety toe, abrasion-resistant Cordura on the sole, cushioned insoles for comfort, and FastDry technology lining to wick away sweat.
• The 6-Inch Brown Rugged Flex Work Boots for men are waterproof-breathable and made of leather. They feature Rugged Flex technology for ease of movement, a composite toe, rubber outsoles, and Ortholite insoles to provide comfort and cushion to fight fatigue and odor.
Comments from the Capper’s Farmer editors: Rugged, stylish clothing and boots. Tough and durable. Nice, comfortable fit. Boots keep feet dry and comfortable all day, even in rainy conditions. Jackets do a great job at blocking wind and rain, and are roomy enough to wear over layers of clothing. Pants and shirt are lightweight and breathable, and move with you. High-quality products at nice prices.
If you’re thinking about giving loved ones high-quality clothing this holiday season, Dickies has a great selection of shirts, coveralls and more. Below are some of our top choices.
• The Deluxe Coveralls are made of 35 percent cotton and 65 percent polyester, and feature zippered chest and back pockets, and tool pockets and loops. These heavy-duty coveralls are comfortable and stain resistant.
• The Long Sleeve Button-Front Logger Shirt offers a roomy fit, making it a perfect relaxed-fit shirt for work, whether in an office or a barn.
• The Long Sleeve Chambray Shirt, made of 100 percent cotton, is designed to fit close to the body, has a box pleat at the back yoke for comfort and improved mobility, and an adjustable sleeve cuff with pleat for better fit and movement.
• The Long Sleeve Cotton Canvas Shirt is made of 100 percent cotton. It has a box pleat at the back yoke for comfort and mobility, and an adjustable sleeve cuff with pleat for better fit and movement.
• The Long Sleeve Service Shirt for women is made with easy-care, stretch fabric for comfort and ease of movement. It features a front pocket, signature back yoke, and longer length for added coverage.
• The Women’s Long Sleeve Stretch Poplin Shirt is made of easy-care, stain-release fabric that resists wrinkles, has a tailored fit, features moisture-wicking for comfort, and has a left chest pocket and a stay-put collar.
• The Women’s Short Sleeve Work Shirt features an original fit, moisture-wicking for comfort, front darts for fit, back yoke for movement, and is made with stain-release, wrinkle-resistant fabric.
Comments from the Capper’s Farmer editors: Durable clothing. Nice, comfortable fit. Everything washes well. Shirts don’t get wrinkled. Coveralls are heavy-duty yet easy to work in, and have plenty of pockets for holding tools. High-quality clothing at good prices.
Perfect for the snowy and icy conditions of winter, Kahtoola outdoor winter gear will make a fantastic gift for anyone who spends time outdoors.
• NANOspikes are the ideal fitness routine helper for winter, when pavement is icy. NANOspikes slip over running shoes and stabilize the serious runner, casual jogger, dog walker, parent with stroller, etc., when the ground starts to get slick and dangerous. They’re super lightweight, and with their low-profile traction (think of them as studded snow tires for your feet), they are a savior for folks looking to maintain their outdoor exercise regimens throughout the winter months.
• MICROspikes are also lightweight, and they deliver unrivaled traction on icy surfaces. Featuring stainless steel spikes and welded chains, MICROspikes are tough enough to handle any adventure, from a walk in the park to trekking out to the barn to do chores.
Where to buy: Kahtoola and in select stores.
Comments from the Capper’s Farmer editors: Easy to put on over shoes and boots. Lightweight and flexible. Provide a lot of traction on ice-covered sidewalks, trails and pathways. Great products.
Just about nothing can beat taking off a pair of boots or shoes at the end of a long day, and slipping into comfortable footwear – and Snoozies are the perfect footwear for comfort and warmth. They aren’t socks, and they aren’t slippers, they’re kind of a cross between the two – they’re Snoozies. They feature a nonskid sole and are available in a variety of styles for both men and women. Soft, warm and comfortable, Snoozies are machine washable … and they won’t shrink. They make a great holiday gift for loved ones – and you just might want to consider getting a pair for yourself.
Where to buy: Amazon
Comments from the Capper’s Farmer editors: Amazingly soft and comfortable. Keep feet warm and cozy. Stylish and well made. Easy to clean in washing machine. Many styles and designs. Fantastic product at a great price.
For those who need to stay connected via a smart phone, UR Powered touch screen gloves are a great gift idea. Available in men’s and women’s styles, these gloves were designed to keep hands and fingers warm while allowing users to access touch screens of all sizes with ease and accuracy. They’re stylish and come in a variety of colors and materials, including leather, fleece, knit and spandex.
Comments from the Capper’s Farmer editors: Lightweight, warm and comfortable. Work easily with a smart phone or tablet. Very stylish. Made well. Note: Sizes seem to run a bit small, so consider ordering a size larger than normal.
For loved ones who suffer with sore or painful feet, knees, legs and even backs, consider the gift of slippers from Vionic, which feature Orthaheel technology. Vionic footwear offers innovative, podiatrist-designed support built seamlessly into contemporary and modern classics, with footwear that is engineered to hug the arches to support natural alignment. For a better understanding of Orthaheel technology, watch the video on their website.
The slippers are luxurious and warm, with a rubber sole so they can be worn both indoors and outdoors, and they’re available in a variety of colors and styles for both men and women. In addition to slippers, Vionic also offers a full line of other footwear, from sandals and loafers to boots and sneakers.
Comments from the Capper’s Farmer editors: Soft and comfortable. Good arch support. Nice fit. Easy to walk in.
Need more gift ideas? The 2015 Capper's Farmer Holiday Gift Guide has lots of great gifts for everyone on your list.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE