Blue Ribbon Skillet Recipe
Blue Ribbon Skillet
Yields 3 servings.
- 7 links breakfast sausage
- 3 tablespoons lard or butter
- 4 cups shredded hash browns
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheese
- In large skillet, cook sausage according to package directions. Cut links into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat lard or butter over medium-high heat. Add hash browns, onion, bell peppers, jalapeños, salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until hash browns are lightly browned and tender, turning occasionally.
- Return sausage to skillet and sprinkle with cheese. Cover skillet and heat for 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Editor’s Note: This recipe can be doubled to make a “2-skillet breakfast.” Cook sausage in one skillet, and in another cook the hash browns, onion, peppers and seasonings. Stir sausage pieces into hash brown skillet. Top with cheese and melt.
Amish Honey Bars Recipe
You can use molasses or honey to make these sweet treats.
Panzanella Salad Sandwiches Recipe
Try this recipe for your next gathering and create your own little bread bowls sandwiches.
Taste of Summer Coconut Cream Pie
A cool creamy coconut pie is just right for Summer time.