English Elderflower Cordial Recipe
English Elderflower Cordial. Photo by Getty Images/knape.
Elderflower cordial is the key ingredient for a cool and refreshing summer drink.
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 12 to 15 large elderflower clusters
- 3 tablespoons food-grade citric acid
- Place water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add sugar and lemon. Reduce heat to medium, and stir mixture until sugar is dissolved.
- Add elderflower clusters and citric acid. Remove saucepan from heat, and let stand until mixture is cool, then strain.
- Pour cordial into a clean 1-quart bottle with a lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
- Add chilled cordial, to taste, to a glass of ice water.
Learn more about elderberries and find more recipes with Growing, Harvesting, and Using Elderberries.
Project Fire: Salt Slab Chocolate Brownie S’mores
Unleash decadence with the most chocolatey of smores, using brownies as a base and topped with 80 percent pure cocoa chocolate.
Project Fire: Smoke-Roasted Carrots with Spice-Scented Yogurt
Add some kick to your side dishes with this recipe for easy to grill smoke-roasted carrots with spice-scented yogurt and discover a vegetable brisket.
Steak Fajitas Recipe
The steak for these fajitas can be marinated overnight and cooked the next day, making a quick supper. Serve them with beans and rice to round out the meal