English Elderflower Cordial Recipe
English Elderflower Cordial. Photo by Getty Images/knape.
Elderflower cordial is the key ingredient for a cool and refreshing summer drink.
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 12 to 15 large elderflower clusters
- 3 tablespoons food-grade citric acid
- Place water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add sugar and lemon. Reduce heat to medium, and stir mixture until sugar is dissolved.
- Add elderflower clusters and citric acid. Remove saucepan from heat, and let stand until mixture is cool, then strain.
- Pour cordial into a clean 1-quart bottle with a lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
- Add chilled cordial, to taste, to a glass of ice water.
Learn more about elderberries and find more recipes with Growing, Harvesting, and Using Elderberries.
Summer Quiche Recipe
Saute garden-fresh onions, corn, and peppers to combine with eggs over a homemade dough for a healthy brunch.
Fruit Layered Cake Recipe
Combine cake bite-sized pieces with banana pudding and layer strawberries, crushed pineapple, cherries, and bananas for a cold summer treat.
Make Your Own Foods Safe at Home
Follow our recipes to make condiments, bread, rolls, pizza crust, crackers, marshmallows, noodles, and applesauce while staying safe at home.