English Elderflower Cordial Recipe
English Elderflower Cordial. Photo by Getty Images/knape.
Elderflower cordial is the key ingredient for a cool and refreshing summer drink.
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 12 to 15 large elderflower clusters
- 3 tablespoons food-grade citric acid
- Place water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add sugar and lemon. Reduce heat to medium, and stir mixture until sugar is dissolved.
- Add elderflower clusters and citric acid. Remove saucepan from heat, and let stand until mixture is cool, then strain.
- Pour cordial into a clean 1-quart bottle with a lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
- Add chilled cordial, to taste, to a glass of ice water.
Learn more about elderberries and find more recipes with Growing, Harvesting, and Using Elderberries.
Steak Fajitas Recipe
The steak for these fajitas can be marinated overnight and cooked the next day, making a quick supper. Serve them with beans and rice to round out the meal
White Chicken Chili Recipe
This chicken chili, made in a slow cooker, calls for cream cheese and half-and-half for delightful creaminess, and is guaranteed to warm the body and soul.
Turkey Meatballs Recipe
These meatballs, made with ground turkey, are cooked and then simmered in a cream sauce. Serve them over pasta, alongside green beans and garlic bread.