One Dirty Bowl: Fast Desserts, Faster Cleanup (Cedar Fort, Inc., 2014), by Christina Dymock provides readers with delicious dessert recipes that are easy to make and clean up! These dessert recipes will satisfy any sweet tooth, impress your guests, and don't require a huge cleanup after. The following excerpt is from Chapter 4, "Enticing Cookies."
You can buy this book from the Capper's Farmer store: One Dirty Bowl
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 egg
• 1/2 cup molasses
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ginger
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
• 3-1/3 cups flour
• Sugar, for rolling dough
• Cream cheese frosting (optional)
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a medium mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
3) Add the egg and mix well.
4) Add the molasses, sour cream, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and nutmeg.
5) Stir until all the spices are well incorporated.
6) Add the flour and mix until combined.
7) Sprinkle sugar over the counter as you would flour. Roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness.
8) Cut the dough with cookie cutters or use a knife to cut into quarter-sized pieces.
9) Place the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet.
10) Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are set.
11) Transfer to a wire rack to cool. If desired, frost with cream cheese frosting.
Excerpted from One Dirty Bowl, by Christina Dymock. Used with permission from Cedar Fort, Inc., © 2014. Buy this book from our store: One Dirty Bowl.