1 / 2
This quick and simple cookie recipe saves you time by rolling out bread in sugar instead of flour.
Photo by Christina Dymock
2 / 2
"One Dirty Bowl" by Christina Dymock provides readers with simple and delicious dessert recipes that won't leave a big mess to clean up after.
Cover courtesy Cedar Fort, Inc.
23 min DURATION
8 min COOK TIME
15 min PREP TIME
32 servings SERVINGS
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3-1/3 cups flour
- Sugar, for rolling dough
- Cream cheese frosting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Add the molasses, sour cream, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and nutmeg.
- Stir until all the spices are well incorporated.
- Add the flour and mix until combined.
- Sprinkle sugar over the counter as you would flour. Roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut the dough with cookie cutters or use a knife to cut into quarter-sized pieces.
- Place the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are set.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. If desired, frost with cream cheese frosting.
More from One Dirty Bowl:• Easy Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe• Variety S'mores Bars Recipe• Raisin Pie Bites RecipeExcerpted from One Dirty Bowl, by Christina Dymock. Used with permission from Cedar Fort, Inc., © 2014. Buy this book from our store: One Dirty Bowl.