Look no further than this category for those people on your gift-giving list who seem to have everything, or who simply enjoy the finer things in life, like good foods, premium coffee and teas, and high-quality wines.
You can’t go wrong with the gift of coffee and/or tea, especially when it’s Arbuckles’.
Arbuckle Coffee Roasters in Tucson, Arizona, offers a variety of seasonal specials, ranging from the Ariosa Coffee & Mug Gift Box to 1-pound bags of flavored coffee, like St. Nick’s Irish Cream, Hot Buttered Rum, and Candy Cane, to organic coffees, and even mugs. They also have specialty teas and tea blends.
Arbuckles’ has been around since 1864, and for good reason. They know what they’re doing! In addition to delicious coffees and teas, the company has an interesting history. And be sure to check out all their other products, as well.
Where to buy:Arbuckles’
Comments from the Capper’s Farmer editors: Smooth and delicious. A nice pick-me-up any time of day. The Ariosa coffee is amazing with a doughnut or cinnamon roll for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
BNA Wine Group Wines
For the folks you know who enjoy a glass of wine on special occasions, after a long day at work, or with a delicious meal, a bottle of wine from the BNA Wine Group is the perfect gift.
Napa Valley winemaker Tony Leonardini makes high-quality wines and sells them at an affordable price, because he believes wines should have “special occasion taste you can enjoy every day.” Tony takes pride in giving people distinctive wines known for their taste and their value, as he doesn’t think people should have to choose one over the other.
• Butternut Chardonnay 2013 is a unique white wine with a creamy, elegant texture. It is lush with rich complexity. Tasting notes include aromas of fruit tones and layers of vanilla, spice and citrus, while the flavors of apple, pear and hazelnut compliment the palate with a nice hint of acidity. This wine goes well with chicken, salmon, grilled fish and spicy Asian cuisine. For those who love white wines with richness and depth, this is a good choice.
• Butternut Pinot Noir 2013 combines grapes sourced from vineyards that span California’s greatest wine-growing regions. Aromas of vanilla, cassis and menthol coincide with flavors of an array of red and dark berries. Round out a meal of grilled salmon, pork roast or pasta with a bottle of this wine. It’s the perfect choice for those who like a wine with a medium-bodied, silky finish.
• Humble Pie, Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 was made with grapes from vineyards in the Central Coast growing region, where they were picked early in the morning and immediately sent to the winery, where the wine was slowly fermented at a cool temperature and aged on French Oak for 10 months. The initial aromas of Humble Pie are those of black current, cherry, vanilla, strawberry and white pepper. This wine has a wonderful acidity, which carries flavors of black currant, vanilla bean and cedar wood, with a hint of cigar. Humble Pie is delicious alone or paired with hearty meat dishes and wild game.
• Nanna’s Short Cake, Zinfandel 2012 is as layered and loved as short cake dessert. It is a dark, fruit-forward zinfandel with depth and complexity. It has hints of strawberry jam, coffee, menthol and vanilla. Nanna’s Short Cake is versatile enough to pair with lamb, fish tacos, duck, beef, cheeses, and even burgers and brats. This is a good fit for anyone who loves a complex zinfandel.
• The Rule, Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 is a combination of cabernet with a proprietary blend of varietals, including merlot, cabernet franc, and petite verdot. It has aromas of strawberry, currant, vanilla and tobacco, with flavors of black cherry and cigar. This wine pairs elegantly with robust and hearty dishes like wild game, pasta ragout and dark chocolate desserts, and it also goes well with beef, duck and distinctive cheeses.
• The Rule, Sauvignon Blanc 2014 offers aromas of lemon zest, white peach and jasmine, and coats the palate with the taste of lemon cream pie followed by exotic fruit and soft minerality. It pairs well with light dishes, and it’s a great choice for those who like a rich, full-bodied Sauvignon Blanc.
• Volunteer, Cabernet Sauvignon 2011 is blended with small amounts of Petite Verdot and merlot to add weight and clarity to the wine. It is of medium density, with aromas of dark berry, pomegranate and tobacco, with hints of cherry, cranberry, toasted vanilla, and subtle tannins. Volunteer goes well with hearty dishes like beef, lamb, pork, duck or wild game, as well as with cheeses. This is a nice choice for those who prefer a full-bodied cabernet with a bold, rich and silky finish.
Where to buy:BNA Wine Group and in liquor stores across the country.
Comments from the Capper’s Farmer editors: Great-tasting wine with a very affordable price tag. Delicious flavors that go well with just about any meal. Highly recommend.
Although Thanksgiving is no doubt the most popular time of year for a turkey dinner, turkey doesn’t have to be reserved just for that traditional holiday. Roasting, smoking or frying a turkey any time of year can be a special treat. This holiday season, consider giving the gift of flavor by sending a Diestel turkey to loved ones.
If you’ve never heard of the Diestel Turkey Ranch in Sonora, California, you’re missing out. The ranch has been around since 1949 and has evolved through four generations of Diestels. Their ranching style, family farming secrets, and strict sustainable standards produce an all-around better turkey with real, old-fashioned flavor. They offer a variety of turkeys perfect for any family, and they’re all delicious – moist, tender, succulent meat that actually tastes like turkey. In addition to whole turkeys, they also offer a line of turkey breasts, turkey drums and thighs, deli meats, ground turkey, turkey sausages and tenderloins, and turkey burgers. The website also includes roasting instructions and recipes.
You don’t stay in business for more than six decades by accident. To be in business that long says that the company takes pride in what they’re doing and that their products are top of the line. Diestel turkeys are a high-quality, all-natural product that is nothing short of mouth watering. Friends and family will not only thank you for the gift, but also for introducing them to the Diestel Turkey Ranch, if they haven’t heard of them, or had never tried their products.
Where to buy:Diestel Turkey Ranch
Comments from the Capper’s Farmer editors: Tender, juicy, and delicious. Be prepared to get hungry while it’s cooking, because the aroma fills the entire house.
Gourmet dipped strawberries, cake pops, brownie pops, pretzels, cheesecakes – and the list goes on. All of these delicious goodies from Shari’s Berries are perfect for gift-giving. The large variety of products makes it difficult to choose just one, so make sure you have plenty of time to spare when you visit the website – you’ll need it. From fruit and cheeses to nuts to cookies and candies, Shari’s Berries has a gift basket to satisfy anyone and everyone.
In addition to the holiday goodies, Shari’s Berries offers sweet treats for any occasion, or no occasion at all.
Where to buy: Shari’s Berries
Comments from the Capper’s Farmer editors: The cake pops are phenomenal – moist, sweet and delicious. The gourmet dipped strawberries are juicy and fruity with a sweet covering. The dipped pretzels are sweet, salty and crunchy. Everything we’ve tried from Shari’s Berries has been delicious.
Need more gift ideas? The 2015 Capper’s Farmer Holiday Gift Guide has lots of great gifts for everyone on your list.
Steak Fajitas Recipe
The steak for these fajitas can be marinated overnight and cooked the next day, making a quick supper. Serve them with beans and rice to round out the meal
White Chicken Chili Recipe
This chicken chili, made in a slow cooker, calls for cream cheese and half-and-half for delightful creaminess, and is guaranteed to warm the body and soul.
Turkey Meatballs Recipe
These meatballs, made with ground turkey, are cooked and then simmered in a cream sauce. Serve them over pasta, alongside green beans and garlic bread.