One Dirty Bowl: Fast Desserts, Faster Cleanup (Cedar Fort, Inc., 2014), by Christina Dymock provides readers with delicious dessert recipes that are easy to make and clean up! These dessert recipes will satisfy any sweet tooth, impress your guests, and don't require a huge cleanup after. The following excerpt is from Chapter 1, "Small & Scrumptious."You can buy this book from the Capper's Farmer store: One Dirty Bowl
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
• 1/2 cup raisins
• 2 (9-inch) frozen pie crusts, room temperature
• 1/4 cup water
• Cinnamon sugar (optional)
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2) In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon. Add the dark corn syrup and raisins and stir until just combined. Set aside.
3) Unroll the piecrust. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out 4-inch circles.
4) Place 1 tablespoon of raisin mixture on one half of the circle.
5) Dip your finger in the water and then run it around the edge of the dough. The water will help the dough stick together.
6) Fold the circle in half and seal the edges.
7) Use a fork to poke holes in the top of the dough.
8) Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (optional).
9) Transfer to an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
10) Once cooked, transfer it immediately to a wire rack to cool.
One Dirty Bowl.