Ambrosia Fruit Salad Recipe
Photo by Getty Images/ALLEKO
Yields 6 servings.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 clementine oranges, peeled and separated into segments
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 cup halved grapes, optional
- 1 cup toasted, chopped pecans, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, optional
- Whole maraschino cherries, for garnish, optional
- Combine the heavy cream and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Whisk until stiff peaks form. Add the sour cream, and whisk until combined.
- Gently fold in the marshmallows, oranges, pineapple, and coconut. Fold in the grapes, pecans, and cherries, if using.
- Spoon the salad into a serving bowl. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Garnish with whole cherries, if desired, before serving.