Bacon Cheeseburger Recipe
• 2 pounds ground beef
• 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
• 1 egg
• 4 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
• 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 3 tablespoons ketchup
• 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
• 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
• 6 to 8 hamburger buns
• 6 to 8 slices bacon, cooked
• Cheese slices
• Toppings and condiments
1. Heat grill to hot.
2. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, soup mix, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt, and pepper. Mix well, and form into thick patties.
3. Place patties on hot grill, and cook, turning frequently, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until burgers reach desired doneness.
4. Serve burgers on toasted buns, topped with a slice of bacon and cheese, along with toppings and condiments of your choice.
NOTE: If desired, ground turkey or ground chicken can be used in place of ground beef, but you’ll need to adjust the cooking time.