Baked Garlic-Butter Chicken and Potatoes Recipe
- 6 to 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 pound baby potatoes, quartered
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Coat a 2-1/2-quart casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine butter, garlic, lemon zest, and thyme. Mix well. Rub mixture all over chicken thighs, including under the skin.
- Place lemon slices and potatoes in prepared dish. Top with chicken thighs.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and chicken registers 160 F (in the thickest part of the thigh) on an instant-read thermometer.
- Place baking dish under the broiler, and broil for about 2 minutes, or until chicken crisps and is golden.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with a vegetable, such as peas, green beans, or Brussels sprouts, and a side salad.
Photo by Getty Images/Ravsky
For more supper idea recipes, see Simple Ideas for Supper.
Traci Smith is a Capper’s Farmer editor. With access to thousands of archived recipes from the magazine, she’s always trying something new.