• 2/3 cup sugar
• 2-1/2 cups flour
• 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 3/4 cup butter
• 1 cup fresh blueberries
• 3/4 cup buttermilk
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) In large bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add blueberries. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
3) Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead 6 to 8 times. Cut in half. Pat each half into an 8-inch circle. Cut each circle into 8 wedges, and arrange on ungreased baking sheets.
4) Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Note: For a special treat, serve these scones with blueberry butter made by blending 1-1/2 cups butter, 1/2 cup blueberries, 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel in a blender until smooth and creamy.