The recipe combines broccoli florets, bacon crumbles, red onion, golden raisins, and cheddar cheese with a mayonnaise dressing, it has a little sweet and a little crunch.
- 2 bunches broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup golden raisins, optional
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, bacon, and onion. Add raisins, if using.
- In a small bowl, blend together mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar. Pour over broccoli mixture, and mix well to blend.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in cheese, if using, and season with salt and pepper.