Butternut Squash Fritters Recipe
By Tabitha Alterman | Sep 28, 2018
1 / 2
Butternut Squash Fritters make a tasty vegetarian meal.
Photo by Getty/julpho
- 5 cups lightly packed, peeled, and shredded butternut squash
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- Cooking oil
- Sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the squash, flour, eggs, sage, garlic, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add enough cooking oil to liberally cover the bottom. Heat until hot.
- Drop about 3 tablespoons mixture into a mound in the skillet, and press lightly to flatten and form a round. Repeat twice more, spacing them about 3 inches apart.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes, or until golden. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Keep warm.
- Repeat cooking process with remaining squash mixture.
- Serve with sour cream.
More from the Capper's Farmer recipe archive:
Copyright 2021, All Rights Reserved | Ogden Publications, Inc.