Camper Jerky Recipe
- 1 pound 90/10 ground beef
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a medium-size bowl, mix all the ingredients together and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Lay a large piece of parchment paper down and put the meat on top of it.
- Unroll a large piece of plastic wrap and lay that on top of the meat.
- Begin to press the meat out with your palms, use a rolling pin to get it to 1/4-inch thickness, then remove the plastic wrap.
- If drying in the oven, slide the meat-covered parchment paper directly onto a baking sheet.
- Score the meat into rectangular shapes so it’s easier to break them apart when done drying.
- If using a dehydrator, cut the meat into rectangles.
- Use an offset spatula to arrange the pieces on the fruit roll tray and begin drying.For more information on DIY jerky from Jerky Everything, try this:Homemade Jerky Done Right
Reprinted with permission from Jerky Everything by Pamela Braun and published by Countryman Press, 2015. Buy this book from our store: Jerky Everything