Carrot-Pineapple-Banana Bread Recipe
1 / 2
Almonds are an optional addition to this incredible Carrot-Pineapple-Banana Bread Recipe.
Photo by Karen K. Will
2 / 2
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup organic spelt or whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Whole almonds, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter or oil an 8-1/2-by-4-1/2-inch nonstick loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, butter, 1/4 cup sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes, or until mixture is fluffy. Add carrots, pineapple and banana, and beat until thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder and salt. Add to carrot mixture, and beat just until dry ingredients are fully incorporated. Stir in coconut.
- Spread batter into prepared pan, pressing into corners and smoothing top with a spatula. Sprinkle with remaining sugar, and dot with whole almonds, if desired.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack before turning out.Want more homemade bread recipes from the Capper’s Farmer editors? Read Homemade Quick Bread Recipes.