Here's a quick and easy solution for a hungry crowd.
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 3/4 cup milk
• 2 cups instant potato flakes or buds
• 1 can (10.75 oz.) condensed cheddar cheese soup
• 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
• Generous dash of ground black pepper
• 1 medium green onion, chopped (2 tablespoons)
1. In a 2-quart saucepan, heat water and butter over high heat to a boil; remove from heat. Stir in milk. Slowly stir in potato flakes.
2. Add soup, sour cream, pepper and green onion to potato mixture; transfer mixture to a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish. Bake at 350°F. for about 30 minutes, or until casserole is piping hot.
This recipe originally ran in the September 2007 edition of Heart of the Home.
More southwestern recipes:• Chicken Enchilada Recipe
• Southwest Beef Cornbread Bake Recipe