Mix-and-Match Mama Simmers by Shay Shull (Harvest House Publishers, 2017), saves your time and sanity with recipes that you can throw in the slow cooker. As a busy mom, blogger and author Shay Shull shows how she uses this kitchen tool to get dinner on the table while tending to other tasks.This recipe for Cheesy Chicken Pasta is quick and delicious.
Sometimes, you just want to make a big old bowl of cheesy goodness, right? Everyone knows queso is the best dip. When you turn it into supper, things are just magical! And bonus...it comes together in the slow cooker.
• 1 pound chicken breasts
• 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
• 2 cups fresh mushrooms, chopped (Portobello is a good option)
• 1 (1 ounce) packet dry ranch dressing mix
• 1 cup chicken stock or water
• About 3 to 4 cups prepared rice for serving
• Chopped green onions for garnish
1. In your slow cooker, layer the chicken, mushroom soup, mushrooms, ranch dressing mix, and stock.
2. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
3. When you’re ready to serve, remove the lid and shred the chicken right inside the slow cooker with two forks.
4. Add cooked rice to each plate and then ladle the chicken and mushroom mixture on top. Garnish with green onions.
More From Mix and Match Mama Simmers:
Taken from: Mix & Match Mama Simmers: Slow-Cooker Creations Your Family Will Love. Copyright © 2017 by Shay Shull. Published by Harvest House Publishers, Eugene, Oregon. Used by Permission.