Cherry Magic Cookie Bars Recipe
1 / 2
Feel free to substitute the cherries for strawberries or another berry or serve warm with ice cream.
Photo by GettyImage/Anna Kurzaeva
2 / 2
2 to 3 dozen bars
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (10 oz.) maraschino cherries (without stems), drained, patted dry and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for a glass baking pan).
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Press crumb mixture firmly on the bottom of a 13-by-9-inch baking pan.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly with a fork.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool. Chill if desired. Cut into bars or diamonds. Store, covered, at room temperature. Yields 2 to 3 dozen bars.More from Heart of the Home:• Cherry Cordial Ice Cream Recipe• Banana Split Dessert Pizza Recipe• Frozen Cherry Cream Pie Recipe