The Mix-and-Match Meal Planner (Harvest House Publishers, 2016), by Mix and Match Mama blogger Shay Shull, is for people who need some inspiration as to what to make for dinner. Shull helps answer that question with a collection of meal planner recipes. For one of these meals, enjoy making — and eating — some Hawaiian BBQ chicken burritos.
If you're interested in planning and adding more recipes to your dinner table, you can check out more Mix-and-Match Meal Planner recipes here:
• 1 pound cooked, shredded chicken
• 1 cup BBQ sauce
• 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and chopped (use less if you want less heat!)
• 1-8-ounce can crushed pineapple
• 8 to 10 green onions, chopped
• 5 burrito-sized tortillas
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a mixing bowl, combine chicken, BBQ sauce, jalapeno pepper, pineapple, and green onions. Spoon chicken mixture down the center of each of your tortillas. Roll the tortillas burrito style by folding the ends down and then folding over each side.
2. Place the burritos seam side down on a foil lined baking sheet that has been lightly greased. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. You can drizzle a little extra pineapple, BBQ sauce, and/or green onions over each one before you serve.
Taken from: Mix-and-Match Meal Planner: Your Weekly Guide to Getting Dinner on the Table (Mix-And-Match Mama). Copyright © 2016 by Shay Shull. Published by Harvest House Publishers, Eugene, Oregon. Used by Permission.
About Shay Shull: Shay Shull is a wife, mom, author and entrepreneur. On her Mix and Match Mama blog, she writes about motherhood, adoption, world travel, and, of course, yummy food.
Shay and her husband struggled with infertility, but they received the miracle of birth with two children, and the joy of adopting two children. She and her husband and their four children live near Dallas, Texas.
Shay’s brother Sean Lowe was the star of The Bachelor (2013). Shay is the author of four books including Mix & Match Meal Planner, Mix & Match Cakes, Mix & Match Mama Eats, and Mix & Match Mama Kids in The Kitchen. She has been featured on national television shows including Hallmark’s Home & Family and The Today Show.