This is a delicious and easy dish perfect for entertaining friends.
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken or turkey
• 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
• 8 flour tortillas (8 inch), warmed
• 1 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
1. Stir soup and sour cream together in small bowl; set aside. Heat butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and chili powder; cook until onion is tender. Add chicken, chilies and 2 tablespoons soup mixture.
2. Spread 1/2 cup soup mixture in a shallow 11-by-8-inch baking dish. Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas and place seam-side down in baking dish. Spoon remaining soup mixture over filled tortillas. Top with cheese.
3. Bake at 350º F for 25 minutes, or until enchiladas are hot and bubbly.
This recipe originally ran in the September 2007 edition of Heart of the Home.
More southwestern recipes:• Southwest Beef Cornbread Bake Recipe
• Cheddar Potato Bake Recipe