Chicken Fajitas Recipe
1 / 2
Chicken fajitas made with marinated chicken tenders, bell peppers, and onions.
Photo by Getty Images/bhofack2
2 / 2
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8 flour tortillas
- Toppings of choice, such as shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole
- In large zipper-seal plastic bag, combine chile powder, salt, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, cornstarch, water, and 2 tablespoons oil. Carefully knead the bag to mix ingredients. Add chicken, bell peppers, and onion. Seal bag. Knead gently to coat all surfaces.
- Place bag in refrigerator to marinate for 20 minutes.
- When marinating is complete, heat remaining oil in large skillet over high heat. When hot, add chicken and vegetables, and cook until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are crisp-tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove skillet from heat, and stir in lime juice.
- Heat tortillas in microwave until warm, about 30 seconds. Spoon chicken and vegetables down center of tortillas, and roll up.
- Serve with lettuce, cheese, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole, as desired.