Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Photo by Getty Images/robynmac
Yields 4 servings.
- 1 pound uncooked pasta of choice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half crosswise to make a total of 4 thin pieces
- 1 cup Freezer Marinara Sauce, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to the package directions; drain well. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan and breadcrumbs, and mix well.
- Brush butter on both sides of 1 piece of chicken, and then dredge it in the Parmesan-breadcrumb mixture, pressing firmly so the coating sticks. Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken pieces.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes. Flip, and continue baking for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the breading is golden.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, and top each piece with 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce and 1 to 2 tablespoons of mozzarella. Return to the oven for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Divide the pasta equally among 4 plates. Spoon equal amounts of the remaining marinara sauce over the pasta, and top each with a piece of chicken.
Discover more delicious, seasonal recipes in Fresh Recipes for Garden Tomatoes:
When she’s not at the Capper’s Farmer offices, editor Traci Smith spends her time cooking, working in the yard and garden, crafting, and relaxing with her dogs, family, and friends.