These dainty chocolate cookies have chewy raisins inside.
• 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
• 1 tablespoon vanilla
• 2 ounces (2 squares) unsweetened chocolate, melted
• 2 cups flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/3 cup milk
• 1 cup raisins
• Powdered sugar
1. Combine butter, sugar and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. Blend in chocolate.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl; add to chocolate mixture alternately with milk. Stir in raisins. Cover; refrigerate until firm.
3. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
4. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar. Place on cookie sheets. Bake in upper third of oven for 12 to 15 minutes (do not overbake).
This recipe originally ran in the December 2006 edition of Heart of the Home.
More cookie recipes:• Slice and Bake Currant Cookie Recipe
• Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe
• Raisin-Filled Cookie Recipe
• White Chocolate and Spice Cookie Recipe