Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
1 / 2
This cake recipe definitely falls into the decadent desserts category.
Photo by fridazhang/Fotolia
2 / 2
- 3 1⁄2 cups packed light brown sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons plus 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups boiling water
- Whipped cream, ice cream or fresh raspberries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups brown sugar, flour, 6 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. Whisk in milk, butter and vanilla. Turn into a slow cooker.
- In another bowl, combine remaining brown sugar and remaining cocoa. Sprinkle over batter in slow cooker. Pour boiling water over the top. Do not stir.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2-1⁄2 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes. Serve topped with whipped cream or ice cream, or a few fresh raspberries.Want more quick ideas for mealtime? Check out 20 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes to find more editor-recommended recipes for every meal.