Top these cinnamon rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting.
• 2 1⁄2 cups warm water
• 2 packages (1⁄4 ounce each) active dry yeast
• 1 box yellow cake mix
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 5 cups flour
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
• 1 1⁄2 to 2 cups brown sugar
• Cinnamon, to taste
• Prepared icing
1. Pour warm water in a medium bowl, and stir in yeast. Set aside until yeast is dissolved, about 3 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix, salt, and flour. Add yeast mixture and vanilla, and mix well. Knead dough in the bowl for a few minutes.
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let dough rise for 1 hour. Punch down, and let rise for another hour.
4. Grease two 9-by-13-inch baking pans or three 8-inch cast-iron skillets, and set aside.
5. Roll dough out on a floured surface into a rectangle about 1⁄4 inch thick. Spread dough with butter, then sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
6. Roll dough up jellyroll style, then cut in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 12 equal-size slices, and place in prepared pans. Cover and let rise on the top of the stove until doubled in size, about 20 minutes, while the oven preheats to 350 F.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until tops are golden and center roll tests done when checked with a toothpick.
8. Cool completely before frosting.