Coconut Pie Recipe
• Prepared pastry dough for single deep-dish pie crust
• 3 eggs
• 1⁄2 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1⁄3 cup butter, melted and cooled
• 1 cup buttermilk
• 3 tablespoons self-rising flour
• 11⁄2 cups shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
2. Roll out pastry dough to form an 11-inch circle. Carefully transfer dough to prepared pie plate. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in sugar, vanilla, butter, and buttermilk. Add flour and coconut, and stir to blend.
4. Pour filling into pastry-lined pie plate.
5. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until filling is set and crust is golden brown.
6. Cool before serving.