It's easy to make these delicious tortilla baskets.
- 3 (7-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 to 1 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 can (7 to 8.75 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons shredded Mexican-style cheese blend
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Fit each tortilla into a 10-ounce custard cup, allowing tortilla to form a fluted, flower-shaped bowl. If necessary, fold tortilla into quarters, place in cup and unfold to rest against edges of cup. Place tortilla-filled cups on a baking sheet.
- Crumple each of 3 sheets aluminum foil to form ball about 3 to 4 inches in diameter. Place 1 foil ball in center of each tortilla.
- Bake until tortilla edges are crisp and light brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove tortillas from cups. Invert over foil balls. Continue baking until bottoms are crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from oven. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat together eggs and pepper sauce until well-blended. Stir in corn.
- Evenly coat a 10-inch omelet pan or skillet with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, heat pan until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water. Pour in egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, gently turn with pancake turner or spatula, forming large, soft curds. Cook until eggs are thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup egg mixture into each tortilla bowl. Top each with 1 tablespoon cheese and 1 tablespoon salsa.
This recipe originally aired in the April 2006 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Salmon-Asparagus Biscuits Recipe
- Pepper and Egg Sandwiches Recipe
- Fiesta Grilled Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- Egg, Asparagus and Ham Wraps Recipe
- Caramel-Apple Shortcakes Recipe
- Bow-Tie Spinach Scramble Recipe
- Bistro Beef Sandwiches Recipe