Rustic Corned Beef & Potato Bake
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 12 ounces reserved corned beef brisket, coarsely chopped*
- 2 tablespoons reserved horseradish-butter mixture*
- 2 cups reserved potato halves*
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F. Coat bottom and sides of a 9-inch glass pie plate with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and thyme; cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in corned beef and horseradish-butter mixture.
- Cut each potato half into 4 wedges; arrange wedges in a single layer over bottom and up sides of the prepared pie plate.
- Combine cheeses in a small bowl. Sprinkle 1/2 of cheese mixture over potatoes.
- Top with corned beef mixture and remaining cheese mixture. Press firmly with a spatula to compact the layers.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.
- Uncover and bake for 3 to 5 additional minutes, or until cheese is melted and edges begin to brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, before cutting into
Editor’s Note: * refers to ingredients reserved from Dijon-Glazed Corned Beef with Savory Cabbage and Red Potatoes.
More from this issue:
- Rustic Corned Beef & Potato Bake
- Reuben Sandwiches
- Dijon-Glazed Corned Beef with Savory Cabbage and Red Potatoes