A tangy dressing tops this salad featuring leftover corned beef.
Lemon-Dill Dressing:• 1/2 cup reserved Lemon-Mustard Sauce
• 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar OR white wine vinegar
• Salt and pepper
Salad:• 12 ounces reserved cooked corned beef brisket, coarsely chopped
• 5 cups thinly sliced savoy OR green cabbage (about 1 lb.)
• 5 cups mixed salad greens (about 3 1/2 oz.)
• 3/4 cup reserved roasted carrots
• 3/4 cup reserved roasted parsnips
• 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
1. Whisk all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine corned beef, cabbage, salad greens, carrots, parsnips and walnuts in a large bowl. Add Lemon-Dill Dressing; toss to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
This recipe originally ran in the March 2006 edition of Heart of the Home.
More corned beef recipes:• Corned Beef Brisket with Roasted Vegetables Recipe
• Corned Beef Reuben Dip Recipe
More Heart of the Home recipes:• Cranberry Glazed Cinnamon Roll Recipe
• Hazelnut Waffles with Cranberry Pear Sauce Recipe
• Tangy Lemon Breakfast Fruit Strata Recipe