Enjoy these delicious recipes from the Capper's Farmer recipe archives that are perfect for the winter holidays!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cranberries
- Slivered almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar for 5 minutes with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, and beat for 2 more minutes. Add the flour and almond extract, and mix to combine.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan, and sprinkle with the cranberries.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle the toasted slivered almonds on top. Return to the oven, and bake for another 5 minutes, or until the nuts are golden.
- Cool completely in pan.