Recipe for Great Cream Cheese Appetizers
1 / 2
Who doesn't like baked cheddar cheese? Serve baked chile cheese spread with chips, crackers or baguettes.
Photo by Fotolia/Brent Hofacker
2 / 2
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) diced green chiles
- 1 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 1 pint salsa, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Tortilla chips, assorted crackers and/or sliced baguette
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Heavily grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cornmeal and chili powder. Sprinkle over sides and bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese, eggs, garlic powder and cumin. Stir in chiles and 1/2 cup green onions.
- Spoon half of the cream cheese mixture into the pan. Cover with 1 cup salsa and 1-1/2 cups cheddar. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until edges are set but center still moves slightly. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve as a spread with chips, crackers and/or bread.We have plenty more Mexican dish recipes. Check out Easy Mexican Recipes Spice Up Dinner Menus.