• 2 packages (20 ounces each) frozen corn
• 1/2 pint (8 ounces) heavy cream
• 1 cup whole milk
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• Pinch of cayenne
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. In a large saucepan, combine corn, cream, milk, salt, sugar and cayenne. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, combine butter and flour, and whisk until smooth. Add to corn mixture and whisk constantly until it thickens.
3. Remove from heat and let stand for a few minutes before serving.
Note: This keeps very well. It can easily be made the night before and reheated the next day. In fact, it actually tastes better the next day.