Crock-Pot Beef Stew Recipe
• 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
• 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
• 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
• 3 pounds beef stew meat, cut into bite-size pieces
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
• 1 large onion, diced
• 2-1⁄2 cups beef broth
• 6 medium potatoes, peeled and halved or quartered
• 8 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
• 3 turnips, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces, optional
• 1 bay leaf
• 1-1⁄4 cups frozen peas
• 1 cup frozen corn kernels
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add stew meat, and stir to coat. Transfer meat and flour mixture to a slow cooker.
2. Stir in garlic, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, broth, potatoes, carrots and turnips, if using. Drop in bay leaf.
3. Cover and cook until meat and vegetables are tender —10 to 12 hours on low, or 4 to 6 hours on high.
4. Stir in peas and corn. Cover and cook for an additional 30 to 40 minutes, or until peas and corn are tender. Discard bay leaf before serving.
Want more quick ideas for mealtime? Check out 20 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes to find more editor-recommended recipes for every meal.